Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of Year Recap

Hello 'Heather's Booble Spot' followers! I am sorry for not updating my blog more frequently, but here I am to recap what 2010 has held for me and what I have to look forward to in 2011!!

First of all ~ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL of you!!! I would like to thank you for all of the love, support, and encouragement you have shown me this past year! I know with the amazing support system I have, I will not only be able to beat this, but will beat it to a bloody pulp!!!!!!!!

So, it is almost New Year's and I finished my last Chemo of the year just over a week ago! My first round of treatment consisted of 4 treatments spread out over 12 weeks {1 appointment every 3 weeks}. The weekend before my 2nd treatment, I lost all my hair...it was rough to see because it really meant I was going through with chemotherapy treatments. But, after a few days, the new look started to grow (no pun intended!) on me!! And since then, I have been able to embrace my new, temporary look of "Q"-ness (as my cousin calls it and me!). AND...rumor has it my hair will come back even better than before!!

As for what is ahead...a long road, but it will be broken down into manageable chunks that I know I can handle! Starting right away on January 7th with the first treatment of Chemo Round #2! This set of treatment will consist of weekly appointments for 12 consecutive weeks. The frequency is becoming a bit more; but hopefully the dose is easier on me. AND...good news...this set of drugs does not cause hair loss...so my hair should start growing back soon! WOOHOO!!! If you are doing the math in your head, I will be receving this Chemo until March 25th! Once I'm done with that, I begin my 7 weeks of Radiation...this is when things get really 'fun'. 5days per week for 7 weeks I will undergo Radiation. 

Like I said...long road, but totally manageable 'chunks' of treatment! 

Outside of Chemo and Radiation - 2011 is going to be an amazing year...I mean, why not??!!?? I am going to get back into the gym...Start training for my next TWO big adventures...a Triathlon and the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure. I am going to walk the streets of San Diego in November with a very good friend of mine, Lynne, and her mom, Diane, and WHOEVER else wants to join in! More info to come on this!!

I want to get back into marathon running as well. I have a long list of races still to accomplish! I am going to do some light traveling (probably back to Ohio for the most part! See my amazing family and friends there!). And I really want to get out to California a few times this upcoming year...lay on the beach in San Diego...Maybe learn to surf!! The sky's the limit ~ and speaking of the sky - I have plans to jump out of a perfectly good plane with a friend of mine and I want to go to Trapeze U - learn to fly on the trapeze like the best of 'em! 

It is going to be an amazing year! I will continue to update my blog (hopefully more frequently than I have been recently!) and keep you posted on treatments, Operation Re-Grow Hair, training for all the fun activities I want to accomplish, and occasionally, just life in general!

I love you all so much for keeping tabs on me and really appreciate the support I have received the last few months. Like I said earlier...I KNOW I am going to beat this! Just you watch!

Have a safe and happy start to what is sure to be a 'FANTABULOUS' year!! Hugs and kisses to everyone and talk to you after the 1st! 

 ~ heather :o)

3 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Thanks for updating your blog. I think about you often and will be wishing for health and happiness for you in 2011. Enjoy your New Year's Eve and please keep updating...
    Your friend,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....And Cedar Point!!!! :) I am so glad you updated this- I check it often! Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brad and Katie!!!

    AND YES..CEDAR POINT!!!! Here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete